Related funded research projects
- OPDM – Exploring techniques for semantic representation and management of product data
- Ontoverse – Methodical solutions for knowledge-driven cooperation in communities
- DESUMA – Enabling small to medium enterprises to facilitate advisors within their systems to improve customer experience and conversion
- X3S-Editor – X3S is a format for describing semantic stylesheets
- ChainGraph – A new approach to graph visualization
- RelFinder – Extracts and visualizes relationships between objects in RDF data
- gFacet – Complex semantic querying made easy
Visualization and Interaction with Data-centric applications
Tools for Searching and Exploring Semantic Data
With the steady growth of the Semantic Web, the classical World Wide Web as a network of documents is increasingly transformed into a Web of data. Information is no longer stored as monolithic blocks in web pages, but rather fragmented into many pieces that can be assigned to semantic concepts. We investigate novel forms of interacting with these data sets both in terms of visualization and exploration.
Interfaces for Semantic Data
In order to facilitate the adoption of Semantic Data, intelligent interfaces to create and use such data are vital. Designing and evaluating new approaches to create and use semantic data within regular as well as specialized use-cases are important steps to highlight advantages and benefits of a semantic data model. We strive to develop compelling interfaces which fully exploit all possibilities out of the semantic representation.
In this evolving research field, we deal with the development of novel interactive user interfaces for the visualization of unstructured and semi-structured, and possibly very large, sets of data using methods from Visual Analytics. The purpose of these interfaces is to support the user in decision-making and reasoning processes, for example while exploring a large database of products and their properties.
- Semantic Models for Adaptive Interactive Systems. (2013). London [u.a.]: Springer. [BibTeX] [DuEPublico]
- Interactive Construction of Semantic Widgets for Visualizing Semantic Web Data. Stegemann, T., Ziegler, J., Hussein, T., and Gaulke, W. (2012). Proceedings of the 4th ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems. ACM New York, NY, USA. [BibTeX] [DuEPublico]
- Entdecken und Explorieren von Zusammenhängen im Semantic Web. Lohmann, S., Heim, P., Stegemann, T., Tetzlaff, L., and Ziegler, J. (2009). i-com - Zeitschrift für interaktive und kooperative Medien, 8(3), 33–39. [BibTeX] [DuEPublico]
- RelFinder: Revealing Relationships in RDF Knowledge Bases. Heim, P., Hellmann, S., Lehmann, J., Lohmann, S., and Stegemann, T. (2009). Semantic Multimedia - Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Semantic and Digital Media Technologies. Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer. [BibTeX] [DuEPublico]
- ChainGraph: A New Approach to Visualize Shared Properties in Resource Collections. Heim, P. and Lohmann, S. (2009). Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies (I-KNOW 09). Graz: J.UCS. [BibTeX] [DuEPublico]
- View all related publications »